Golden Future Boat Tour
Abel Tasman National Park, New Zealand.
Join our iconic Golden Future Tour, our original tour showcasing the wonders of the Abel Tasman National Park coastline. Spend a full day cruising on our private charter boat, visiting numerous beaches, inlets, islands and forests. Your skipper is an expert in his field and will safely guide you through this fascinating place!
Prices: (valid until 30th Sept 19)
Combo = combine two of our full day tours over two days to get the ultimate park experience, start booking a Promised Land or Treasures Tour and then select the boat combo. You won't be charged for your lunch, just put any dietary requirements in the notes. Minimum 2 paying adult passengers applies for our tours to run.
On our Golden Future tour you can expect:
- A tour from magical Marahau, the gateway to the park.
- Flexibility and friendliness.
- The personal touch: let us know your interests and we will provide!
- Small groups and your own water taxi ‘Zeehaen’ skippered by your world-class guide.
- Yummy hot drinks and snacks.
- Inlets, rock pools, open sea, predator free islands.
- Marine mammals, land and sea birds, fish, plants, invertebrates and more.
- An easy and stunning guided walk around Pitt Head ecological island, with incredible views.
Who would love this tour?
- Any age young or old, couples, singles and families all buzz off this experience.
- If you are just into scenery or thirsty for every bit of knowledge you can glean, we can scale the commentary to your requirements.
- For people who want a high quality nature experience visiting the best locations on the coast on the day.
- People who don’t want their day constrained by a time table or having to find pick-up points etc.
- Discerning folks who want to avoid the crowds yet meet like minded souls in a relaxed atmosphere.
Meet us at the boat ramp in Marahau (First on the right after you get to the sea shore). We will have our vessel ‘Zeehaen’ waiting for you on the trailer at low tide or possibly at the jetty at high tide. Please park at the far end of the trailer park. See our contacts page for a map. If you have arrived early, our boat may not be there. Don't panic, we will be there soon.
Board our vessel ‘Zeehaen’ for a magical day of discovery and relaxation.
Get up close and personal with our amazing coastline including outlying islands and Tonga Island Marine Reserve. Observe mammals, birds, fish and invertebrates, learn about coastal ecology, marvel at the amazing granite rock formations and explore the inlets if tide allows.
Morning tea on a secluded beach for around half an hour and then back on the boat for more exploring
Lunch on a world class beach; followed by an optional walk, which could vary depending on the locations of the day. Here we will witness forest ecology, botany, predator traps and incredible views.
Alternatively you can spend the time lazing on the beach.
Back in the boat to continue exploring the coastline, this is often when we head out to see in search of pelagic animals we wouldn't see inshore, the stunning panorama's give you an amazing sense of the scale of the park.
3.00 – 3.30pm:
Return to Marahau, dropped off at Appletree bay for an hour's walk out or be dropped off at Anchorage to continue your stay in the park; satisfied, revived and relaxed with your new friends, ideas and knowledge. This itinerary is only a loose plan and will undoubtedly be modified depending on the tide on the day, we are the only company in the park with supreme flexibility that will maximise your park experience to it’s full potential.
Suitable outdoor clothing is advisable for this trip. Please wear shorts or if in winter long pants that you can roll up, jeans stay wet if they get wet, and may impact your comfort. Feel free to bring a pair of shoes and some sandals / flip flops / water shoes. Bring and extra layer and be prepared for the sun. You may get your feet wet while getting on and off the boat, we provide towels to dry your feet afterwards. We have limited spare clothes and some walking poles available.